Monthly Archives: October 2013
Yoh! WTF? Removing saturated fats from diets has made heart disease risk higher, not lower: U.K. cardiology expert
I vouch for this I feel fantastic after reintroducing butter into my diet
Yoh! WTF? I remember when eggs was the food that everyone should avoid and when we were told that butter was really, really bad for you. The list goes on and on – when all we need is moderation in our diet and daily exercise. Some years we’re told avoid this and when we do, then we’re told it was all a mistake to avoid it as much as we have been. Yoh! WTF?
- Removing saturated fats from diets has made heart disease risk higher, not lower: U.K. cardiology expert (vancouversun.com)
- BUTTER AND CHEESE BETTER THAN TRANS-FAT MARGARINES, SAYS HEART SPECIALIST by Sarah Boseley (ironmightfitness.com)
- Eating saturated fats ‘can protect against heart disease’ (mirror.co.uk)
- 84% ignorant on saturated fat: poll (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Press release: Thousands of tonnes of saturated fat to be…
View original post 47 more words
Come on man a day leads to a week to a fortnight and so on
I’m crashed on the couch, and it’s not the good kind of crash. The cushions lack that indulgent give I enjoy after a tough workout. Instead, the weak squish reminds me of the laziness I sense inside. I’ve fought to avoid this feeling most my life. This limpness of will saps my energy. I’m too tired to exercise but too desperate to be OK with it. I want a rest, from both my lethargy and the guilt of missing yet another workout.
Fact: I don’t always feel like exercising
“I’m just too tired today,” I tell myself as I roll onto my other side to quiet the gnaw at my lower back. My exhaustion makes sense. Forty years have escorted me to the other shore of life, and I’m ramping down into peri-menopause. Hormones are ebbing. Energy is waning. Plus, since I manage Bi-Polar disorder, it’s taken a few months…
View original post 806 more words